I would love to share this amazing salad with you which I discovered while on holiday in France. I was served this salad as an entree for lunch at a little restaurant in Paris. It is so easy, delicious and healthy, I just had to make the salad myself!
What makes this salad so awesome?
– The dates combined with the salad make it so tasty, you don’t even need salad dressing
– Its a great way to eat your spinach in a tasty way
– The acidity in the orange keeps it fresh for longer
– So easy to make with 6 healthy ingredients
– Leafy Greens (lettuce, mixed salad leaves or preferably baby spinach leaves)
– Cucumber (sliced and halved)
– Tomato (diced) / Cherry tomatoes (halved)
– Dates (sliced)
– Oranges / Mandarins
– Avocado (diced)
How do I make this awesome Salad?
Combine all of the ingredients above in whatever quantity you wish. Depending on what ingredients I have at the time, I don’t always use avocado or cucumber, however the dates and oranges or mandarins are a must for this recipe! I actually used a mandarin and an orange in the salad featured in this pic.
Some other great additions to this salad that I love are diced pecan nuts or some sunflower seeds lightly fried in some oil.
Try it yourself!
I hope you like this tasty salad as much as I do! Give it a go for yourself and let us know what you think! Also, feel free to share your own suggestions for other great twists that could be added to this salad.